Wednesday, October 23, 2013

The Best Cabin in the Best Woods

Okay, so I saw this movie not recently but I loved it so much that I feel that I should blog about it anyways. If you've ever seen the trailers for this movie, it's literally the perfect set up and whoever thought of it should get their salary tripled. Originally I saw the trailer and thought "Oh, it's just another cliché horror movie, and a giant waste of money". Dismissing it completely, I never bothered to see it in theaters or even when it came out on Netflix. I remember overhearing conversations where people would rave about this movie, but I thought people were just not knowledgeable about film and didn't know what they were talking about. It didn't get to me until one day that I was on IMDB and I saw that this movie had 8/10 stars. This same movie that I literally thought wouldn't earn a dollar in the box office was actually leading it for a good 3 weeks straight. "That can't be right," I thought, and decided to just go ahead and watch the movie to see what all the commotion was about. Oh. My. God. Was. I. Wrong. This movie is definitely without a doubt one of the best horror films I've ever seen - and I've seen plenty. Basically it depicts a group of college kids going to a lakehouse for their break, and getting more than they bargained for. The first half hour seems exactly like a standard horror movie set-up, but after a little, you're introduced to a completely other component of the plot. Out of nowhere you realize that the computer geeks present at the beginning of the film actually had a purpose - they are controlling the game. Basically, these people work in a horror game...thing...and they control everything that happens to the four college kids during their stay at the lakehouse. After the kids pass a certain territory, they have to face exactly what the people controlling the game wish. It's weird though, because it'd not a game. You later realize that the people controlling everything are really there to pick sacrifices for an evil being that will take over the world and destroy everyone unless he gets his blood sacrifice from the players involved. It's up the America to get these blood sacrifices because the other countries with the same game are loosing, and if the monster doesn't get his blood, he will rise up and destroy everything. This whole plot is basically mocking the hell out of horror movies in the best way possible. It is nothing that I would have ever imagined it would turn out to be which is why it is the best horror movie I've ever seen There is so much more than I haven't even touched on, I just think you should really see it, regardless if you love or loathe horror flicks. This one takes the cake.


LINK TO THE TRAILER:
(www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsIilFNNmkY)

0 comments:

Post a Comment